Brilliant Learning & Teaching
International STEAM Educators' Event Nov 26-28
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Sold Out! Thank You! - Get Ready for an Unforgettable Brilliant Learning & Teaching Retreat on Nov 26-28!
Our retreat has successfully concluded! We would like to thank the speakers, the venue, our funders, our staff, and most importantly, our participants for all playing an important role in making this unforgettable event a reality!
A special thank you to our keynote speaker, Natalie Rusk, and the participants who travelled internationally for this event
Join Brilliant Labs for an International hands-on STEAM Educators' retreat in Fredericton, NB, Canada from November 26-28, 2023. Learn from top educators and connect with like-minded professionals. Sign up now for three days of fun, networking, and valuable teaching strategies. Don't miss out on this must-attend event!
We invite experts from diverse disciplines to provide a meaningful experience for participants that can help them bring a positive change in students lives. Focusing on both theory and practice, we will co-design quality learning experiences through hands-on, minds-on and hearts-on sessions.Sold Out!
About Our Keynote Speaker
Discover Natalie Rusk: Educator, Innovator, Keynote Speaker. As an accomplished researcher at the MIT Media Lab, she has revolutionized learning, motivation, and educational technology. Leading the development of OctoStudio, a groundbreaking coding app, Natalie is transforming how learners interact with mobile devices. Co-founder of the Computer Clubhouse and co-creator of Scratch, she has made remarkable contributions to technology and computer science education for youth. Recognized as a keynote speaker at esteemed events like CCERS and international conferences, Natalie's expertise inspires educators worldwide. Now, she will be the keynote speaker at the Brilliant Labs Learning & Teaching Retreat. Don't miss the opportunity to learn from her and be part of this enriching experience. Join us and ignite your passion for education, creativity, and innovation.Read the full blog post here
6:00 PM - 6:45 PM: Registration Begins - Grand Ballroom
6:45 PM - 7:00 PM: Welcome to the BL Learning and Teaching event - Grand Ballroom
8:00 AM - 8:45 AM: Breakfast and Networking - Grand Ballroom
8:45 AM - 9:00 AM: Group Picture - Grand Ballroom
9:00 AM - 9:15 AM: Welcome to Day 2 of the BL Event - Grand Ballroom
10:15 AM - 10:30 AM: Nutrition Break - Grand Ballroom
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Lunch - Grand Ballroom
3:00 PM - 3:30 PM: Coffee/Tea Break - Grand Ballroom
5:30 PM - 6:30 PM: Supper
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM: Breakfast and Networking - Junior Ballroom
10:00 AM - 10:30 AM Nutritional Break - Junior Ballroom
11:30 AM - 1:00 PM: Certificate Distribution and Closing Ceremony
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM Optional Maker Space Visit George Street Middle school
Click on any of the bolded activities to see a description
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is this event taking place?
This event will be occuring from November 26th-28th 2023 at the Crowne Plaza in Fredericton, New Brunswick
How much does it cost to take part in this event?
This event costs 500$ CAD to attend per person.
- Project materials to use and take home
- Access code to our online resources
- Breakfast, lunch and breaks during the event
- Opening ceremony
Are you an Atlantic Canadian teacher? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to see how we can help you.
I am an international participant. Do you provide any documentation to help with my visa application for this event?
We do not provide an official Letter of invitation for the visa. However, we can send a visa support letter to registered international participants. Once you register, please send a visa support letter request to email@example.com, with registration confirmation, and we will follow up.
What is your refund policy?
We understand that circumstances may arise which require attendees to cancel their registration for the conference. We have established the following refund policy to address such situations:
1. Refund Amounts:
- Cancellations made at least four weeks before the conference start date (prior to August 20th, 2023) will be eligible for a full refund of the registration fee, minus a 30 CAD processing fee.
- Cancellations made between four weeks and two weeks prior to the conference start date, a 50% refund of the registration fee will be provided. (Before September 3rd, 2023)
- Cancellations made less than two weeks prior to the conference start date will not be eligible for a refund.
2. Refund Process:
- To request a refund, please submit a written cancellation notice to our conference team via email. The notice should include your full name, contact information, and the reason for cancellation.
- The refund will be issued using the same method of payment originally used for registration. Please allow a reasonable processing time for the refund to be completed.
3. Transfer of Registations:
- If you are unable to attend the conference but would like to transfer your registration to another person, please notify us in writing. The transfer request should include the full name and contact information of the substitute attendee.
- Transfers can be made up to one week prior to the conference start date, subject to approval by our conference team.
Please note that any applicable transaction fees or charges associated with the refund process will be deducted from the refund amount
Join to become a monthly subscriber to our Innovation Newsletter and receive regular updates about events, challenges, professional learning, teacher & student highlights, after-school & summer camp programs and stories of how your donation is Making What IF Possible in more classrooms and communities across Atlantic Canada.