Shopping for technology is your dream job!
Do you like technology and want to help teachers & students access the tools they need to be innovative, learn more and have fun in the classroom?
If yes, then we have a great part-time job description to share with you!
About Brilliant Labs
Brilliant Labs is an Atlantic Canadian-based charity. We are a hands-on, experiential learning platform providing youth with opportunities to develop coding and digital skills. When creativity, innovation and technology are applied to projects supporting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), along with a socially responsible entrepreneurial spirit, educators and youth can effect change within their classrooms, curricula, communities, throughout Atlantic Canada, and beyond.
Our Mission & Vision
To work with young people, educators, and community leaders to develop creativity, innovation, digital skills, and a socially responsible entrepreneurial mindset. With your help and our team, we want to provide every educator and youth in Atlantic Canada, and beyond, with the opportunity to develop the necessary coding and digital skills required to create, innovate and inspire a future of sustainable development and growth throughout communities here at home and beyond!
This is a part-time (20 hour per week) opportunity. The position reports to the Director of Finance and Metrics and is responsible for the ordering of equipment for the team, teacher projects, makerspaces, and special events. The duties include, but not limited to, managing the Airtable databases, ordering sheets, the ordering inbox, brokerage requirements, receipt upload and coding all expenses in Expensify. They will be required to communicate with provincial leads, team members and managers for clarity on requests, and other duties that arise during your employment that fit within the Purchasing Coordinator role.
- Familiarity with Excel and/or google sheets is an asset but not required
- Experience ordering online an asset but not required
- Knowledge of STEAM products an asset but not required
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and multiple tasks at the same time
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Successful completion of a Criminal Background Check
- Ordering for projects, makerspaces, maker carts, employee requests, etc.
- Forward order confirmations invoice to expensify
- Answer emails from BL specialists/teachers about orders, shipping dates etc.
- Track shipments
- Work with companies we order from if there are delays
- Source bulk items
- AirTable Project Database
- Ensure each project has proper requests for materials with links and price
- Commenting if links are not correct, not included, US link vs Canadian, etc.
- Reading comments to make sure all material requests are up to date (requests are often different and/or changed in the comment section)
- Responsible for each province NB, NL, NS, PE
- Responsible for First Lego League ordering
- Add information to order tracker spreadsheet
- Once ordered, input price and materials ordered
- Make note in comment section any changes made to order
- Input all information in the Online Order Tracker spreadsheet with one line for each item requested that includes: province, project name, item, quantity, name, phone number, address, school or event. Once ordered add price, order number, date ordered and date of delivery.
- Assist with other admin tasks as needed.
Administrative and Accountability Responsibilities:
- Bi-Weekly Reporting
- Weekly Expensify – Coding to correct category, listing materials purchases, school or person, province, tax, description, etc.
- Time Tracking
- Slack Message app
- Emails (both individual and orders inboxes as needed)
- Meetings as required/invited
This is a remote placement with possibility of working at one of our Makerspaces depending on where you live. A computer and other equipment will be provided as needed.
Expectations & Accountability:
Brilliant Labs has an expectation that employees work as a team, so duties outside of the specific accountabilities listed in your job description will be required from time to time. At certain periods of the year we will experience increased work activity, during which time you may be required to work in excess of this contract’s 20 hours per week, for which you will be compensated.
To apply email your cover letter and resume to Amanda Sherman at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before February 28, 2022.